Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My first blog post with classeur.io

I’m trying to write this blog post with classeur.io.

Just like Martin I’m also searching for alternative ways to write blog posts. I don’t want to completely migrate my blog to a new platform, so I’m searching for a way to write in Markdown and deploy to Blogger.

Why Markdown?
Since our development of APEX Office Print (AOP) we also use Markdown for our documentation as it makes including code samples easier, it can be version controlled and overall it’s pleasant to write in. Whenever we deploy a new version, we publish the markdown as HTML. For example you see the result of our documentation here. SSjj… we like Markdown so much that we are even looking into supporting Markdown to write your template in AOP, next to Word, Excel and Powerpoint, but more on that in the February timeframe. :)

So I’m giving classeur.io a try, it’s just another Markdown editor, but it can publish directly to Blogger. It allows me to include code samples like this:

declare
  l varchar2(100);
begin
  l := 'hello world';
  sys.htp.p(l);
end;

Or if I want to reference somebody I can use a quote:

Oracle Application Express (APEX) changed my life. – Dimitri Gielis

And a list … for example the top 3 reasons I’m looking at a different way to blog:

  1. Faster to write a post
  2. Reuse my writings in different ways
  3. Easier to share code

So this post is really to try the different options of classeur.io which should show up in Blogger after I hit the publish button.

Here’s an image which I plan to use in my next post:
enter image description here

If you see this and the post looks ok, my test went well :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting! I'm also searching for a blog platform that will let me easily integrate content on my Apex website. It should support comments (like Blogger) and - maybe - blog history. I don't know if it is feasible...