Sunday, June 18, 2006

ODTUG - P1: Visiting DC

Today was the first "real" day. With the time difference I had difficulties to sleep, so at 6 a.m. I went for some fitness. I met Paul Dorsey from Dulcian. He was the main speaker at ODTUG today. I was a bit embarrassed I didn't know him right away. He 's all into development and he wrote some books.

This day you could choose between a symposium about web architecture (different talks about soa, etc.) and some hands-on labs.
After having a breakfast I choose to have some hands-on training "Oracle 10g New Development Features". For me it was just a refresh of what I already knew. We saw some new features of SQL, PL/SQL and some other not related stuff.

At the end of the day I saw the guys of AMIS arriving in the hotel. After having a little chat with them I decided to investigate the center of Washington D.C. - some sight seeing if you want -
Here're some pictures of the things I visited.

I didn't include comments on the pictures, if you've some questions on them, just put a comment here... You'll see some pictures of the hotel, conference, my dinner and some remarkable things (for me, being a Belgian).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky man :-)
Do you visite the Pentagone also?
It will be also great to take a tour at the "FAMOUS" Federal Bureau of Investigation.


When do you come back to Belgium?

Dimitri Gielis said...

I didn't visit "everything" yet... during the days I've the ODTUG seminars, in the evenings I try to do something.

I'll be back in Belgium on Friday or maybe I'll just stay in the States. I really like it here ;-)

So be carefull with the databases next week and enjoy your OPX development ;-)

Anonymous said...

You look like a tourist ..;-)

When do get info about the ODTUG itself ? (:-D)